The frontl 8 wheels steer… Wow! That’s no small feat with technic. It just means a REALLY LOONG BEAM attached to 12 tooth gears driving racks.
I was so tired and frustrated after assembling the steering, that I was too lazy to solve the problem of 10 wheel drive. So only one 2 wheel… Sorry. This is accomplished with the rear servo.
This was the hardest part. I just HAD to use my two linear actuators, instead of a motor at the base. So I spent a week trying to wrap my head around gearing, motors, actuators, math, liftarms, and connectors before I came up with this.
This project used 3 servos, 2 linear actuators, two touch sensors, one ultrasonic sensor, one NXT, approximately 2,040 technic pieces, and too much of my time, but it turned out well, and I have successfully made the best telehandler on NXTLOG, considering that there aren’t many. This is my first thing I made with my awesome base.